Thursday, February 14, 2008

How's It Growing?

Last Sunday, we talked about intentional transformation--taking responsibility for your own spiritual growth. While maturity is the work of God, He invites us to cooperate with Him. Below are 7 questions I suggested as a way to diagnose your own spiritual progress. Of course, these questions aren't inspired, but based on the 7 Functions of Biblical Community, they provide a good framework to think about our spiritual progress.

Spiritual Formation
How am I growing in godliness through spiritual disciplines?

Evangelism
How am I helping others in my neighborhood meet Jesus Christ?

Recreation/Relationships
Where am I connected in community?

Volunteerism
When do I sacrificially support my church?

International Missions
How am I expanding the gospel around the world?

Care
Whose needs am I meeting?

Extending Compassion
Where am I making a difference in my community?

[Click the word "comments" below to leave your comment for this post]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to admit that at first I was overwhelmed by this list of questions.

There is so much in the Biblical functions that I haven't yet mastered, or made part of my life...but what a great way to get a list of goals, and to focus my attention on what I need to do.